This plain, but flavorful sausage recipe is great for the guests of your party that might be picky eaters.
Saucisse fait â la maison avec des légumes â la vapeur
- 1/2 pound Pork, minced or ground
- 1/4 Onion, minced; add a little salt to soften
- 1 tablespoon minced Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 6 stalks Cauliflower or Broccoli
- 10 bite-sized pieces of Squash or Zucchini
- 6 – 8 pcs Green Beans or Asparagus, cut in half
- 1 tbs Mustard
- 2 tbs Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Mix pork, onion and parsley in a mixing bag or bowl, until mixture is sticky. You may use a food processor if available.
- Divide mixture evenly into 4 portions. Take one portion of the mixture and place it on the center of a small piece of parchment paper. Roll mixture into sausage shape, approximately 5″ in length, and wrap it similar to wrapping a piece of candy. Twist both ends tightly. Repeat using the rest of the mixture to form 3 more sausages.
- Put 1/4 cup water into the base of silicone steamer, then put in the transparent steamer plate. Place cauliflower, squash, and green beans on the transparent steamer plate. Add all 4 sausages on top of the vegetables.
- Cover steamer with lid, and microwave for 6 minutes at 600W. (Always adjust your cooking time based on your microwave’s output rating. If in doubt check your user manual). Leave covered for 2 minutes before serving.
- Mix sauce ingredients together and serve over sausage or on the side as desired.